Thursday, December 27, 2007

You & Your Tear-Away Morals

I realize a lot of what I write revolves around materialism, but honestly that's all I see in Amman - the dirt poor and the filthy rich - maybe it's just me...plus anyone 'middle-class' is just clinging to an image they're desperately trying to uphold...and not just the girls (but, yeah, in my mind it's mainly them)...God forbid any of them gets caught in less than their 100% fashionista clothes/make-up/hair...so here's some more shit to swallow:

Swimming in a sea of cold smiles
Their poison lipstick stains me
& I am not me...

You've seen me naked
Screaming my name
Now I am just another make-up stain
And no longer mine

Flash your pearly whites
Shake your silky hair
Be that perfect kind of fake
And appeal to the masses of YOU

Be that perfect sheep
We've all come to love
& be as dead as
We've come to expect

No comments:

Post a Comment