Saturday, December 22, 2007

I LOVE YOU BUT, FRANKLY, YOU SUCK

it's because i can't be like you
it's because i feel
it's because i have a love in me that i know how to share
it's because i like to be held

and i ask how your day was
and i listen to what you have to say
and i'm honest and open and good
but i lie a little white lie not to hurt you
does that make me bad?

it's beacause i can share my innermost thoughts
it's because i'm not an empty vessel
it's because i want to know you're alive and well
it's because i genuinely like to hear that you are

and i don't mimic love - i do it
and i don't pretend it like you do
and when i ask you if you're ok
and you don't answer
i know to give you a hug

and when you tell me to forget about you
you know that i can't

it's because i'm human


and you still ask me why i hurt?

No comments:

Post a Comment