Monday, April 20, 2009

Honesty

Fear of the consequences = bad reason not to make a decision.

I’m not asking much of the world, but I was raised on honesty. I’m not saying I’ve never told a white lie (God, the blank canvases I could cover with my white lies); but I don’t recall ever lying about something I thought really mattered…

A little honesty can’t kill you. It might get you in a fuckload of trouble, but Goddamn can’t you see the shitstorms that come wailing on you when you try to cover something up?

I cannot respect a liar…I think the filthiest thing you can do to someone is withhold their right to the truth.

If not for the sake of principle, then for the sake of basic decency: when you lie to someone and you expect them to believe it, isn’t that just a huge insult to their intelligence?

Do I have trust issues? Yes. But they’re not based on thin air.

No comments:

Post a Comment