Saturday, October 11, 2008

War on Pronouns!!

Before I start what it is this post is meant to convey, let me explain myself a little further.

More and more I have been experiencing this phenomenon of the word 'am' being used distinctly separately from the word 'I' in one of the most common sentence beginnings: AM going out, AM so happy, etc...

(Just say I AM, people, I AM or simply I'M, hell, I'll even settle for IM, no apostrophe...it's not rocket science!)

Having begged and pleaded people to be smarter about their grammar and use the pronoun 'I' in conjunction with the word 'am' - and getting nowhere in convincing them, I am afraid I have been forced to drastic measures:

To show everyone the severity of their "misdemeanor", I have vowed to stop using pronouns altogether until I can show just ONE person the error of their ways, and have them use proper grammar again.

---

And now, to begin:

Hand has been forced into doing; will not apologize for weakness of sentence structure in paragraph here! Refuse to use so-called 'pronouns', and not responsible for discomfort in reading sentence like the sentence are reading right now. Deal with problem by spreading the word! Get people to stop using word AM on own unless sentence calls for, in strange scenario unknown. Maybe can help with example of?

Keep in mind, have not specifically waged war on "indefinite pronouns", but am being careful not to overuse/use at all - if can.

Be more informed, have found good links to share with:

http://www.esldesk.com/grammar/pronouns.htm

www.tacomacc.edu/upload/files/academics/studentlearningcenter/What%20is%20a%20Pronoun.doc

AM aware of sounding a little crazy.

AM really perturbed by use of AM on own.

AM forcing self to type as such.

AM almost bleeding internally in trying to make point here!!

Help spread the word!

Grammar nazis unite!

3 comments:

  1. ta7sheeeeeeeeeesh
    ARE funny.
    AM laughing ass off...hehe "grammar nazis".

    ReplyDelete
  2. fellow grammar nazi, THANK YOU!!
    jerry agrees wholeheartedly..

    ReplyDelete
  3. AM still waiting on a turn-around story so can stop writing like a dumbass
    :(

    ReplyDelete