Sunday, May 18, 2008

Incubus

(This was a challenge I gave to someone who refused it, so...here I am, writing it myself!)

In Western medieval legend, an incubus (plural incubi) is a demon in male form supposed to lie upon sleepers, especially women, in order to have sexual intercourse with them. It was believed to do this in order to spawn other incubi. The incubus drains energy from the woman on whom it performs sexual intercourse in order to sustain itself, and some sources indicate that it may be identified by its unnaturally cold penis. Religious tradition holds that repeated intercourse with such a spirit by either males or females (the female version of the incubus is called a succubus) may result in the deterioration of health, or even death.

What's love to you, tyrant?

You beautiful wreck of a man

You shape-shifting deviant

I fell low...so low, by your hand

 

Lord of indifference

Knows not his effect

Smiles, (that smile) and I'm his

Another for him to reject

 

She never asked for much

A mutual respect, no more

Did not expect his touch

To turn her into his whore

 

Unaffected, he never looks back

But she lets his presence dwell

Used, and repulsed by her own act

A woman who can only blame herself

 

Incubus, master actor

What have you done to this poor soul?

It lies here forgotten (hardened, a little)

Incubus! Another woman shunned?

 

Incubus, demonic concoction

What did she expect?

He feigned affection

So well...and so I fell

 

(NB: I try to remove myself from the poem -I&You become She&He- but in that last line...it's just 'I')

No comments:

Post a Comment