Thursday, March 20, 2008

You & I (& I...rhyme waaay too much...then break it)

You tell a lie and I...take it
You beg for my attention so I...fake it
Let's see how much longer you'll...make it
Before I decide it's time to...shake it off

You're a hack, but it intrigues me
Full of jack, but believe me
I'm more patient than I look

& I'll think twice before
I can't take any more
& finally I'll send you on your way

Stay away from me
Coz I can't pull myself out
Of this bittersweet cycle
You win - I am weak

Have some mercy on me
Coz i don't know myself now
That I've let you lead me on
For so long: so back off

Won't you just back the FUCK off?!

How about you grow a pair?
How about you decide to man-up?
How about you tell the Goddamn truth
& let me know what's what?

How about I wake up now?
How about I listen to myself?
How about I stay fucking cynical
& call you the fuck out?

Coz I know exactly what's going on
I'm done playing dumb
& if you won't stop lying to me
I'll stop lying to myself
(Before I grow quite numb)

No comments:

Post a Comment