Thursday, March 20, 2008

Act Like Ya Has It (Attitude!!!)

Do your worst
Deal me that hand
I'll still come out on top

And if you doubt me
I'll prove you wrong - just try me!
Coz I'm what they call the cream of the crop

Test me, prod me, poke me, PROVOKE!
Stoke that fire & try to bring me down

Kick me, push me, pull me, SCREAM!
Who'll be left standing in the final round?

My trunk stands firm
My roots run deeper, never stop
They move and they shift and they change but they GROW...
& that's what makes me the cream of the crop

I'm not stunted, & I won't cease
And I'm always in my own head
But if that could drive me crazy
I'd be better off dead

No! I'll use it, embrace it
Abuse it and chase it
Force it then free it
Contort it and be it...

Coz honey...

I AM the cream of the crop

1 comment:

  1. a nice poem alia .... wtz the cream of ... ? ... could not get it>

    ReplyDelete